Prep: 15 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
1. Preheat a wood fire grill or safely contained fire pit with an aromatic hardwood like cherry or apple.
2. Generously season steaks with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
3. Heat a cast-iron pan directly over the hot embers. Add olive oil and steaks. Allow a hard sear for 2 minutes before flipping to the other side and searing for another minute. Remove to a cutting board.
4. Add shallots and mushrooms to the hot pan. Season with salt. Sauté for 3 minutes before deglazing with Marsala. Scrape the pan well to release all the yummy bits stuck to the bottom. Allow to cook for 1 minute, taste for seasoning, then add butter. Once butter melts, add herbs. Stir to combine.
5. Move steaks to a rimmed plate and pour mushrooms and pan sauce over the top. Serve immediately.